License & Insurance Information

On this page, you can find requirements for adding a moving company to our platform TopHelpers.com . On our platform, moving companies can offer their services – i.e., full-moving, labor only – to their potential customers.

Standard Repair Coverage

Released value protection is offered at no additional charge beyond the moving fee. However, it provides only a minimal 60 cents per pound per article, up to $10k. So if your mover loses or damages a 10-pound stereo component valued at $1,000, you would only receive $6.00 in compensation (60 cents x 10 pounds).

If you want additional insurance, you can contact to moving company.

Full value protection

With full-value protection, your mover is liable for the total replacement value of your lost or damaged possessions in your shipment.

If some of your possessions are damaged, destroyed, or lost during the move, your mover has the option to either repair the item, replace it or offer a cash settlement for the cost of the repair or the current replacement value of the item. Generally, this type of coverage is more comprehensive but more expensive.

The cost of full value protection coverage can vary by the mover. So, depending on the deducible you select, the price can fluctuate.

License Information: None required

TopHelpers.com allows all moving companies to register and list their “labor only” service with no special license. A special license isn’t required to lift things into a truck or storage container.

Note: Many service providers have a business license or even a full-service moving license even though it is not required for labor-only moving orders. We allow them to list these credentials in their profile if they want.

Commercial Liability: Not required

Hiring a service provider with this type of policy provides you with a level of security in the event you must file a suit. This type of insurance isn’t required. However, if a company does carry this type of policy, you can find it on its profile.